Thursday, December 6, 2012

With Feeling!


I've been thinking a lot lately about CAS card design as I see all the lovely CAS cards in online galleries.  I have come to the conclusion that I would like to get better at crafting this style of card.  Here is one of my first shots at this, with feeling!!  I decided to use the CAS sketch FTL219 (below).  I paired this sketch with an adorable image  from The Cat's Pajamas and tried to keep the layers and embellishments to a minimum.  I even chose a simple plain white glitter for the snowballs to tone down the bling!!  After the project finally came together, I really enjoyed the challenge!!

About the Card
The base is an A2 in textured white followed by a layer of Pool Party.  The main image  and sentiment from, TCP's Snow Day was stamped on SU white with Onyx Versafine ink and colored with Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone.  The image was further embellished with MS crystal fine glitter.  The corner was rounded with the SU large corner rounder punch and the scalloped border was cut out with Spellbinders lacy squares dies.  

Materials
Stamps: TCP Snow Day

Paper: Pool Party, kraft, SU white
Ink: Onyx Versafine
Accessories: MS crystal fine glitter
Tools: Prismacolor Pencils, Spellbinders lacy squares die, SU large corner rounder punch

No comments:

Post a Comment