Friday, December 14, 2012

Naughty is the New Nice


I've been thinking about the Runway inspired photo(#25) for the last two weeks and I knew that I wanted to try the new chalkboard technique that is poping up everywhere.  I originally laid this card out with a traditional white background, but it still just wasn't capturing the vibrant color from the inspiration so I decided to flip the colors.  The chalkboard technique that I used is outlined here


About the Card
The base is an A2 in black followed by layers of Pacific Point and DP from My Mind's Eye - Blush paper pad.The edges were sponged with Black Soot distress ink and stitched with black thread.  The image was printed on black with Versamark ink and heat embossed with detail white powder.  The image was the colored with Prismacolor pencils, but not blended.  Finally, Whisper white craft ink was brushed over the image for a chalky feel and rhinestones were added.  The sentiment was done the same way, except it was sponged with ink before coloring.  Rhinestones were added for sparkle!!  The panels were mounted on either Only Orange or Kiwi Kiss.  Finally, a rich fluffy orange bow was added with some 10lb. black twine and a coordinating button.  

Materials
Stamps: TCP Naughty is the New Nice

Paper: black, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Only Orange,My Mind's Eye - Blush DP
Ink: Versamark, Whisper White Craft, Black Soot distress ink
Accessories: Orange ribbon, detail white EP, rhinestones, 10lb. twine black, button
Tools: Prismacolor Pencils, sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment